Sunday 17 March 2013

Pepper Prawn Curry




Pepper Prawn Curry

This dish is an almost exact of the South Indian dish "The Chettinad Prawn Curry"  as I remember but fearing that I must have missed out some ingredients I prefer to name it differently . Having  my children staying down south, I tasted the dish on my visits but my dish is not that authentic as I have twisted it to suit my tastes so I call it Pepper Prawn Curry instead . 

If only my friends reading my post would be kind enough to comment and let me know what they think ....

Ingredients Used :

Prawns..........................................................1/2 kg
Ginger Paste.................................................1 tbsp
Garlic Paste..................................................1/2 tbsp
Tomato Paste.............................................1medium tomato 
Potato...........................................................1.large,cubed
Onion.............................................................2,chopped
Green ChillyPaste........................................1tsp
Green Chilly,slit..............................................2
Peppercorns (Paste/crushed)........................10
Chilly Powder.............................................1tsp
Turmeric Powder........................................1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder......................................1 tbsp
Oil.............................................................6-8 tbsp
Salt...........................................................as per taste


Clean the prawns, d'vein and coat with salt and turmeric powder.

Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the prawns. When they change colour remove immediately.

Add  onion and saute. Add the potato paste and saute till the raw smell goes away.Then add the garlic-ginger-green chilly paste and cook.

Next add all the powdered spice and cook .

Add the chopped potato cubes. Mix all and add 1/2 cup of water and let cook. When the potatoes are very soft add the  green chilly's and fried prawns. Put a lid and cook for 2 minutes till the prawns are nicely done.

Serve with chapati/Pulka/ roti.

Enjoy !!

Pepper Prawn Curry

No comments:

Post a Comment