Tuesday 16 April 2013

Subho Nobo Borsho







I have been born and brought up else where, but can say with certainty that the city today is no longer what it used to be in the past. Since my childhood I have been taught that Calcutta is a much loved and respected city. This is the Cultural Capital of India. People appreciate art and culture as much as food.

The other day I stumbled onto a fantastic bit of news. City Center 1 and City Center 2, was hosting this fast food carnival. Treats from 11 classic fast food destinations came together under one roof in the "Kund ". Like me, some 80,000 Calcuttan's made it to City Center to enjoy a trip down the streets of Kolkata and to gorge on snacks from some of the well known food destinations around town. 

Bangali got to welcome Naboborsho in true Bengali style. My family and me, enjoyed an array of Bengali treats like Prawn Cutlet from Allens Kitchen and Fish fry from Aponjon, Rolls from Chacha's Hotel, Mutton Breast Cutlet from Aponjon, Brain chop from Mitra Cafe, Fish Chips From Aponjon. We enjoyed the fast food fest on Sunday and Monday. There's only one thing to be said to those Bengali's who missed the show this year.............Your Loss !!!




I


No comments:

Post a Comment