Monday 12 August 2013

Pepper Chicken in White gravy(Kali Mirch Murg in white Gravy)

Pepper Chicken

My Best friend, Radha made a point the other day. She says my posts are more non-veg than veg...
What to do, I love to prepare non-vegetarian dishes as it comes easy to me .

I promise to come up with exciting vegetarian dishes soon.


To Marinate :


Chicken-750 grams
Salt-1 tsp
Ginger-Garlic Paste-1 tbsp
Yoghurt (Thick)-1/2 cup
Refined Oil-1 tbsp

Clean the chicken and pat dry. Mix the ingredients and massage to coat well.
Keep aside to marinate for 2hrs.

For the Gravy :


Onion Paste (Boiled Onion Paste)-1/2 cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste-1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder-1 pinch
Garam Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder- 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper (Crushed)-1/4 tsp
Salt-as per  taste
Sugar-1/2 tsp

Peel the onion and boil . Grind to paste.

Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and fry in oil lightly. Keep aside.
Keep the marinade aside as well.
Fry Dry Red Chilly's and Onion cut into large pieces. Keep aside.

Heat oil and then  add 10 Black Pepper Whole.  Next fry the onion paste. Add Ginger-Garlic paste. Cook well. 

Add Turmeric powder, Sugar, Garam Masala Powder, Coriander Powder, Black Pepper crushed. Now add the ingredients used to marinate the chicken (The marinade). 
Check the salt and add if required.

After that, add the fried chicken as well . Add 2-4 green chilly's (I used those that had ripened -to add some color to the dish).
Chicken doesn't take too long to cook. Add the fried onions and Red Chilly's.

Remove when done. Kali Mirch Murg is ready to be served.

Serve.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I have a question, I only see 1/2 cup boiled onion. Do I fry that with the dry red chilly ? Thank you for your reply. I cannot wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Indian recipe, it looks very delicious and healthy, this sunday i am going in restaurant for eating that kind of food. restaurant near venkateshwar college

    ReplyDelete