Wednesday 21 August 2013

Raksha Bandhan Special : Custard Kheer with Semai

Happy Raksha Bandhan to all my readers.





Ingredients Used:

1 litre-Milk (Full Cream Milk),4 tbsp-Custard powder(any flavour of your choice),6 tbsp-Condensed Milk,1/4 cup-Semai (Vermicelli),
1 tbsp butter(unsalted),1/2 cup Sugar or as per taste



Custard and Kheer are popular desserts that are loved by all. During festivals we love to have sweets of all kinds so for Raksha Bandhan I decided to serve Custard Kheer with Semai . My daughter's have a little brother Areen and as little kids have a liking for custard I made this.

Now you may think this is an unusual combination to make but I urge you to try it . So , promise me you will try it and see the smiles around you.I have only one younger brother who is younger to me by 8 years. Joy love you lots. 
God Bless you.

Method:      


Heat a pan. Add the milk and let it come to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring continuously, so that the milk does not burn. 
Take custard powder in a bowl, add the remaining milk and whisk. I used vanilla Custard Powder here.
Heat butter in a pan, add  the semai and stir fry . Remove.
Add the semai  and let it soften and cook.
Add the Custard , Sugar , Condensed Milk and stir. Cook on low heat till the  Custard Kheer with Semai thickens. Remove from the flame.
Chill for at least 4 -5 hours. 
Before serving, place spoonfuls  into the serving glass, and serve.
Raksha BandhanSpecial : Custard Kheer with Semai

No comments:

Post a Comment